Impact Tourism in the Philippines
The Philippines has a lot of natural wonders that can excite and soothe the mind of travelers. Interaction with local people can also enrich travelers' experience.
To make sure that our travels have a net long-term positive effect on the people and places that we visit, we need to be mindful of the impact of our actions and avoid those that will damage the people and places that we visit.
At DiscoverPhilippines.com, we give special attention to tours that make a positive impact to our society.
To be classified as an Impactful Tour, it must be relevant in the following way:
An Impactful tour must have activities that focus primarily on one or more of the following areas:
- wildlife protection examples are: Eagle sanctuary, turtle sanctuary,
- nature conservation e.g. Palawan underground rivers
- disadvantaged group e.g. helps people living in remote areas
- pollution reduction e.g. sustainable farming"
- Preservation of Culture e.g. immersion in the local traditional culture that is in danger of extinction